O Most-good Lord! Send down upon us the grace of Thy Holy Spirit,
Who granteth gifts and strengtheneth the powers of our souls,
so that by attending to the teaching given us, we may grow
to the glory of Thee, our Creator, to the comfort of our parents,
and to the service of the Church and our native Land.
+from the Jordanville Prayer Book
The aim of education in the Orthodox Church is to nurture, instruct, and direct each member of the community of faith, the Church, in Christian living, or as Orthodox writers typically call it, "the Life in Christ," so that each person grows "in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18) and becomes "a partaker of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4). The real curriculum for learning the Orthodox Faith is the life of the Church as experienced in a dynamic, faith-filled parish. Our education in faith is a lifelong journey.
+Dr. Anton Vrame, Director of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Department of Religious Education
Church School News and Updates
- Welcome back students! The first day of Church School was on September 9th and everyone had a blessed first day!
- Sunday, October 7: No church school because Miss Jen will be away for a work conference.
- Sunday, October 28: Harvest Fair (please see details about the harvest fair on the Home page).
- Sunday, December 9: A visit from St. Nicholas and special Nativity crafts and activities.
- Sunday, June 12: Last Day of church school and Parish Presentation.