O Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son of Thine unoriginate Father,
Thou has said with Thy most pure lips: For without Me,
ye can do nothing. My Lord, O Lord, in faith having embraced
thy words, I fall down before Thy goodness; help me, a sinner,
to complete through Thee Thyself this work which I am about to begin,
in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.
+from the Jordanville Prayer Book
Parish Council elections are held at St. Mark of Ephesus Orthodox Church in January each year at the Annual Parish Meeting; nominations for Parish Council are opened in January as well. The Parish Council meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM at St. Mark. They oversee issues of finance, stewardship, landscaping and facility maintenance, approving and supporting ministry programs and strategic planning, all with the goal of prayerfully helping the parish fulfill its mission. To serve on a Parish Council is a ministry and all those who serve are called to represent Christ and the Orthodox Faith to all whom they meet in all aspects of life. The Parish Council is responsible to the Parish Assembly and to the respective Hierarch for conducting all parish affairs in keeping with the mission, aims and purposes of the Church.
Duties of the Parish Council
- Attend Divine services regularly.
- Participate in the sacramental life of the Church.
- Set an example for parishioners.
- Attend Parish Council meetings.
- Assist the priest in administration of the affairs and ministries of the parish.
- Establish committees, stewardship, finance, fundraising, planning and real estate.
- Utilize stewardship material provided by the Archdiocese to implement and expand parish stewardship programs and ministries.
- Prepare budgets and collect revenue of the Church.
- Provide for priest's remuneration and benefits according to the Clergy Compensation Plan of the Archdiocese.
- Provide financing for parish administration and for spiritual, educational and other ministries and expenses.
- Buy, sell, mortgage parish property
- Provide for payments and assessments for support of the Archdiocese.